Use the links here to download a copy of the gCADPlus landscape design software setup file for a free trial (or to upgrade an existing copy of gCADPlus). The download is available in three different forms – as a WinZip, 7Zip, or an exe file.
For a free trial, install gCADPlus, start the application and select Demo. There is no time limit on using the demo version.
Metric version of gCADPlus (where we use mm as the base system of measurement)
- **Recommended** Click here to download gCADPlus Metric as a Zip file or,
- Click here to download a copy of gCADPlus metric as a 7Zip file. Unpack with WinZip or search for and install 7Zip – a free file compaction application or,
- Click here to download gCADPlus as an executable (.exe) file. We suggest saving the setup file to your local Windows downloads folder or desktop and run it from there with Windows Administrator privileges.
Note: We regularly submit the gcadplus.exe file to VirusTotal.com who run a check using a very large number (67) antivirus tools. The figure below shows the results of the latest test.
Imperial version of gCADPlus (where we use decimal feet as the base system of measurement)
- **Recommended** Click here to download a copy of gCADPlus (Imperial) as a Zip file.
- Click here to download a copy of gCADPlus USA as a 7Zip file. Unpack with WinZip or search for and install 7Zip – a free file compaction application.
- Click here to download the USA of gCADPlus as an executable (exe) setup file. We suggest saving the setup file to your local Windows downloads folder or desktop and run it from there with Windows Administrator privileges.
Tip: You may get a warning message that the file is blocked by your virus protection software (or not commonly downloaded and has not been digitally signed). If this happens, download a zip version of the software from the link.
The full benefit of gCADPlus can be seen in the landscape ‘smarts’ on the gCADPlus pull-down menu.
About this trial version
The evaluation (unregistered) version of gCADPlus available here is full-featured and can be run in demo mode. It simply lacks the ability to print drawings. When you start the program, it will ask for a user name and code. Select “Demo” to enter the evaluation mode. We would encourage you to try out some of our learning materials with the demo version of gCADPlus using this link: https://www.designcad.com.au/wp/a-construction-job/
When you want to purchase and unlock the software, visit the “shop” page on this web site and select the Buy button. After the payment via PayPal, ($AUD 99.50 – about $USD 70.00), you will receive an activation code via email. Entering the code will enable saving designs.
gCADPlus takes relatively little disk space (about 65 Mb) and makes few demands on computer resources. Any modern computer running Windows should cope comfortably with gCADPlus. We have tested gCADPlus on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Given the fact that Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP, we think that you should avoid running gCADPlus under it.
Rather than worry about whether your computer is powerful enough to run gCADPlus, please download and try out this trial version. Test it thoroughly by loading one of the larger sample drawings available on this web site. If you do not find it satisfactory for your needs, simply uninstall it via Program files>gCADPlus.
*** gCADPlus also runs in the Mac environment using CrossOver, Parallels, Fusion, BootCamp, etc. or under Linux (Ubuntu and WINE) ***