Here is a list of equipment to take with you when conduction a site survey.
- Your mobile phone.
- Pencil, eraser
- Clipboard with a number of sheets of A4 paper. Printed with 10mm grid if possible.
- Scale ruler
- Large cloth measuring tape (marked in decimal feet – take care in the USA where tapes sometimes have two side – decimal feet and feet and inches)
- Screwdriver to anchor the tape if you do not have an assistant.
- Smaller pocket tape for measuring window/door width. The same tape can be used to measure trunk circumference at chest height (calculate diameter), canopy drip line etc.
- Electronic laser distance measure.
- Compass (although phone App will do).