Click on the link below to download a copy of the gCADPlus user guide.
** Some browsers may not display the guide properly or allow the interactive movie links. Please right-click on the downloaded display, save the PDF to a local drive, and then use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it and check out movies. **
The guide is divided into a number of chapters. A list of links to individual chapters is set out below.
1. Getting to know gCADPlus – a brief introduction to the gCADPlus interface.
2. Draw with gCADPlus – a focus on using the draw commands in gCADPlus. Learn CAD by designing a logo and complete a small design.
3. Using entity snaps to aid precision -accurately place new design information by building on existing geometry.
4. Handling text in landscape drawings. Using CAD and Windows text.
5. Modifying designs – using various editing commands.
6. Managing lineweights – improving the presentation of landscape drawings by varying line thickness.
7. Managing linetypes – adding lines with different characteristics to provide emphasis.
8. Managing layout space – printing drawings from layout space. Print to fixed scales.
9. Automating drafting tasks – using tools on the gCADPlus drop-down menu for automated drafting.
10. The Tools menu – using specialist drafting tools and settings.
11. Apply dimensions to hardscape elements
12. List of commands – in alphabetic order; includes embedded links to YouTube movies.
Free E-book: Landscape design and CAD (provides an overview of the use of CAD software in landscape design).