Click on the link below to download a copy of the gCADPlus user guide.
** Some browsers (such as Chrome) may not allow the interactive movie links in the PDF guide to play without changes to browser settings. If that happens, please try using the Microsoft Edge browser or better still, right click on the link, save the PDF to a local drive and open using Adobe Acrobat Reader. **
The guide is divided into a number of chapters. A list of links to individual chapters is set out below.
1. Getting to know gCADPlus – a brief introduction to the gCADPlus interface.
2. Draw with gCADPlus – a focus on using the draw commands in gCADPlus. Learn CAD by designing a logo and complete a small design.
3. Using entity snaps to aid precision -accurately place new design information by building on existing geometry.
4. Handling text in landscape drawings. Using CAD and Windows text.
5. Modifying designs – using various editing commands.
6. Managing lineweights – improving the presentation of landscape drawings by varying line thickness.
7. Managing linetypes – adding lines with different characteristics to provide emphasis.
8. Managing layout space – printing drawings from layout space. Print to fixed scales.
9. Automating drafting tasks – using tools on the gCADPlus drop down menu for automated drafting.
10. The Tools menu – using specialist drafting tools and settings.
11. Apply dimensions to hardscape elements
12. List of commands – in alphabetic order; includes embedded links to YouTube movies.
Free E-book: Landscape design and CAD (provides an overview of the use of CAD software in landscape design).