gCADPlus is an affordable productivity tool used by both single and multi person design studios. Professional garden designers choose gCADPlus because we offer comprehensive support that ranges from improving drafting efficiency by developing custom templates, building plant database files specific for your locality, providing free online training for your staff, and much more.
Here is one example of this approach where we assisted in the development of a custom template. Here is a link to some other work by designers who use gCADPlus.
gCADPlus professional landscape design software works in an elegant, stripped down interface using AutoCAD commands if you ‘speak’ AutoCAD, you feel right at home. The software has many features that allow you to:
- Automate many repetitive landscape design tasks such as counting symbols to generate plant schedules,
- multi copying symbols along entities,
- Extract quantities ready for costing a design,
- Calculate numbers of ground cover species,
- Automate the labelling of symbols for individual species,
- Easily substitute one species for another,
- Incorporate Google maps/Earth images and other aerial site data directly into drawings,
- Add extra value to your design and add extended data for both ‘hardscape’ and ‘softscape’ data be that irrigation, outdoor furniture, paving or plant species information,
- Extract that data to spreadsheets for further manipulation.
In addition, with gCADPlus it is possible to:
- Utilize an extensive symbol library – choosing from hundreds of ‘softscape’ and ‘hardscape’ symbols
- Create landscape design plans on any size sheet at any scale. Plans can include plants, paving stones, ground cover grass, mulching and more for a quantity take-off.
gCADPlus (aka GardenCAD Plus, gCAD Plus, gcad) is based on some earlier software called GardenCAD, a tool developed for groups of landscape design students at a local college. We now have users in many countries. gCADPlus was developed by three designers – two in Australian and one in the USA who were long term AutoCAD users. They saw the need for a modestly priced landscape tool that used AutoCAD command and was focused on landscape design.
Development of gCADPlus is a labor of love – every dollar raised from sales is used to pay programmers to improve and add features to the software. The first version of gCADPlus was published in 2012. There have been > 70 versions released in that time, each adding features requested by users. We do not charge for upgrades. The current version of gCADPlus is 10.6.
We encourage you to visit the downloads page of this web site, download and try gCADPlus. There is no obligation to purchase.