These series of pages and movies are designed to provide some guidance for those landscape designers who are moving to CAD for the first time.
To sum up:
- You work full size when designing. Concern about scale comes later.
- There are controls to zoom in and pan to provide different views of your design.
- The Properties box displays accurate size of entities selected.
- You don’t not need to draw every symbol. A large set of pre-drawn symbols are available.
- The SCALE tool can be used to change the size of a selected species symbol.
- A drawing can contain layers. These can be switched on or off displaying more or less of the design.
- Symbols can be associated with particular plant species.
- It is possible to automatically generate a plant schedule show the species name and number of all plants used in the design.