Automate many repetitive landscape design tasks such as:
- Automatically generating plant schedules. Counting the number of plant species in a design.
- Extracting costings from a design,
- Calculating the number of ground cover species required to cover a space,
- Automating the labeling of symbols for individual species,
- Substituting one species for another,
- Incorporating Google maps/Earth images and other aerial site data directly into CAD drawings,
- Adding extra value to design work by adding ‘extended data’ to entities for both ‘hardscape’ and ‘softscape’ data,
- Extracting data to spreadsheets for further manipulation.
With gCADPlus it is possible to:
- Utilize an extensive symbol library – choose from hundreds of softscape and hardscape symbols
- Create landscape design plans in any size sheet at any scale. Automate the production of plant schedules. Plans can include plants, paving stones, ground cover grass, mulching and more for a quantity takeoff.
gCADPlus (aka GardenCAD Plus, CAD Plus) is based on GardenCAD, a tool developed for groups of landscape design students at a local college. Every dollar raised from the sale of gCADPlus are used to pay programmers to improve and add features. The first version of gCADPlus was published in 2012. There have been > 50 versions released in that time, each adding features requested by users. The current version is termed 9.7.