gCADPlus landscape CAD software makes few demands on computer resources. Any computer capable of running Windows will be adequate. Most computers sold commercially in the $AUD 750-$1000 bracket, will happily run gCADPlus. The mouse needs to have a scroll wheel as this button is used for zooming in and out. Since the mouse is used extensively when working with gCADPlus we favour purchasing a quality mouse.
Tip: before purchasing the software, please download and install gCADPlus and test by running in demo mode in your system.
Advanced specification for commercial landscape designers
Especially if you expect to produce 3D models of your designs using software such as SketchUp, consider purchasing a computer with the following specification:
- Windows 10 operating system
- Intel i5 processor (i7 preferred)
- 8Gb RAM (16 Gb preferred)
- 500Mb hard disk drive (SSD preferred)
- Mouse with scroll wheel
- Dedicated graphics card with at least 2Gb memory supporting Open GL 2.0 or later
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution or higher